Returning Citizens May Have Opportunity to Have Their Records Restricted
If you have a criminal record and have charges from MUSCOGEE County, you may be eligible to have those charges restricted (the new term for expungement).
This event is by APPOINTMENT ONLY and the deadline to apply is October 13th.
So if you are interested, you NEED to Visit the Columbus Goodwill Career Center on Macon Rd before October 14th to sign an authorization form to have your criminal record released to an attorney.
Your State ID and Social Security Card is required. Once they pull your record and IF you qualify, you will then be contacted to come to the Nov. 4th expungement event.
Again, this is NOT a walk-in event and steps MUST be taken BEFORE you can get an appointment to get your record expunged so follow the link below to read the details.
Please go to https://www.goodwillsr.org/cleanslate for more info.
At the bottom of the page, it will tell you what to take, where to go, and more detail about the event and other offerings of Goodwill.
- Visit the Columbus Goodwill Career Center before October 14th to sign an authorization form to have your criminal record released to an attorney.
- State ID and Social Security Card required
- Qualified candidates will then be contacted with an appointment time for the November 4th expungement event.
- Event is strictly by appointment only
- You will meet with an attorney on the day of the event and agree on next steps for your case.
- Additional paperwork may need to be filed with the court system
- An attorney will then follow-up with you every few weeks on the status of your case.
For more information visit:
Columbus Goodwill Career Center
2601 Cross Country Drive, Building B
Columbus, GA 31906